We are looking for a Civils Avoidance Engineer to be part of the Build Team in the South West.
You will be highly driven with in-depth knowledge and experience in Civils construction, cabling and installation work
Salary up to 32K DOE, company vehicle and great company benefits.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- To expedite the delivery of services to the Client by auditing and testing reported blockages on the network and third-party networks.
- Finding real-time solutions to confirmed blockages to reduce cost and delivery times, by exploring underground and overground solutions.
- Delivering feedback and learnings to Contract Partners, to prevent repeat issues.
- Providing training for Contract Partners on the correct techniques used to deliver services on time, ensuring correct tooling and behaviours.
- As part of a multi-skilled team, you will be able to provide additional focus by means of technical solutions within the cabling and civils infrastructure where additional attention is needed on the delivery of services that are problematic.
- Able to understand Network design documents, cabling routes and civils packs.
- Real-time ability to advise and collaborate with the team to find easier or more cost-effective routes to ensure on-time delivery.
- Support infrastructure capacity audits where required to relieve congestion and provide viable routing solutions,
- Ensure regulatory and Health and Safety policies are always followed.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Civils construction, cabling and installation work.
- Fully conversant with all current legislation (NRSWA) accredited to supervisor grade OR PIA Accreditations.
- Detailed knowledge of telecommunications networks/environments.
- Basic computer skills incl. Microsoft Office etc
- Ability to embrace behaviours, Brand, Culture and Company Values.
- Organised with excellent time-keeping skills
- Customer focussed
- Flexible to perform multiple duties as required by demand within the business
- Demonstrate a preference for achieving or exceeding standards, focusing on the delivery of targets, quality and deadlines
- Experience in operating in a customer-centric environment with possession of excellent people skills including communication, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Qualified and comfortable to work in confined space environments
- Full UK driving license (no more than 6 points)
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application – if you not do hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.