About The Role
IBP are looking for a SHEQ Lead to be part of the SHEQ Team based to cover the South of England. Your role will be to lead the regional SHEQ Function in the North East. The role will involve leading a small SHEQ team and regional SHEQ performance through building strong working relationships with our onsite Supervisory teams to support the businesses performance towards safe and compliant project delivery. Responsible within the region for embedding our ‘Zero Harm’ culture; with a focus on construction activity support.
What will your key responsibilities be?
- Champion a work culture & environment that embodies a ‘Zero Harm’, Health and Safety culture.
- Promote a positive incident reporting culture within contracts, support teams to ensure all incidents are properly investigated and root causes established; ensuring recommendations are communicated and implemented.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to maintain the highest levels of safe working practices, raise safety awareness and ensure the highest quality of all delivered products.
- Lead SHEQ performance and compliance in excess of group SHEQ objectives and strategy.
- Complete Onsite inspections across the business, construction sites and across supply chain as appropriate.
- Monitor, inspect and document safety performance across the business and communicate to stakeholders as appropriate in a constructive manner with recommended actions.
- Complete Core development works such as developing Toolbox Talks and Safety Alerts.
- Implement and share best practice through regular meetings across the Frameworks to ensure consistence and high quality work.
- Contribute to the development of the Business Management System (BMS)
What competencies are we looking for?
- The SHEQ Lead requires a strong grasp of recognised best practice, risk management techniques and the UK Legal Framework supported by a thorough appreciation of health and safety within a regulated industry sector.
- The SHEQ Lead will need to show strong communication skills and the possession of well-developed skills in stakeholder engagement
- Proven, demonstrable experience in a similar H&S role, ideally gained in a similar industry such as Telecommunications; Utilities or Construction.
- Working knowledge of Working at Height Requirements and Systems /Electrical Requirements (BS7671 and NICEIC) / non-ironizing radiation (NIR) Identification and prevention
- Working Knowledge of fixed and mobile infrastructure networks, including but not limited to: Optical Networks / Fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and Fibre to The Premises (FTTP) / Radio telemetry solutions / 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G base station installations (Mobile Mast Installation) / Network decommission and recovery