Due to the success and expansion IBP have an exciting opportunity for a Civils Supervisor to join our team in Bristol. Reporting to a Regional Manager. This role would suit an experienced highways inspector or Construction Agent experienced in Utility Civil engineering.
The role & responsibilities:
You must have experience in the Telecommunications industry and has supervised/managed operational Construction teams previously. You will be responsible for the onsite supervision of teams in line with contract performance and quality standards. Liaising with the regional manager and client representative’s you are responsible to ensure all processes are followed to ensure work packages are handed over within the agreed customer SLA.
- Supervision of staff.
- Monitor the delivery and performance of work orders in line with contract SLA’s, maintaining site safety at all times
- Supervise the delivery and completion of works to meeting VM & BT/OR quality standards.
- Maintain and update job-packs & records, record and share test results with the customer/client.
- On site supervision/Coaching
- Managing all activities on the VM & BT/OR network to include, installation of underground network, duct, microduct, cabinets and chambers
- Deal with day to day issues and problem solving.
- Comply with Health & Safety and environmental policies
- Responsible to ensure van audits, onsite audits are completed.
- Undertake site safety and product quality audits, in line with client and Company expectations
- Maintain skills matrix, identify training requirements, issue tool box talks/briefings, provide technical support to include onsite planning
- Progress Reporting to Manager, identifying completed works and works in progress.
What competencies are we looking for?
- Strong skills in client management, planning, logistics, resource management and commercial controls.
- Good awareness of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance Procedures, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Construction Design Management Regulations and Section 74 Regulations.
- NRSWA Supervisor accreditation
- Experience working within the telecommunications industry preferably at a supervisor or manager level.
- Experience in VM network, and PIA preferred
- Good working Knowledge of work management systems and windows packages-(Excel/Word)
- Financial awareness
Thank you for applying and sending your CV to IBP Recruitment Ltd for this and future roles. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application – if you not do hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.