IBP are looking for a cabling engineer to be part of our activations team based in the Cramlington area. As a cabling Engineer you will be to Test, rod and roping of customer ducts, cabling ducts and blowing of fibre optic cable bundles
Reporting to the supervisor, the ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in the Telecommunications industry working on external networks, preferably on BT or Virgin media. The successful candidate should have engineering experience as a Cabling engineer working on CATV, Copper and Fibre Optic network infrastructures. The role due to the fluidity of projects may require travelling and lodging away and should be deemed as a national role.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Testing customer ducts
- Installation of cables, sub duct and Blown fibre tubing into underground ducts.
- Jointing of Blown Fibre Tubing and Sub Duct
- Blowing of fibre Bundles in tubing.
- Reading of Network Maps and drawings
- Working as part of a team
- Own Health and Safety and awareness of others
- NRSWA signing lighting and Guarding
- PIA accreditation preferred.
- Processing of required paperwork.
The Ideal candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience working within a site
- Practical experience working on external networks.
- PIA Accreditation and NRSWA preferred.
- Overall Knowledge of Telecoms networks
- Can maintain Quality standards both practically doing the job and adherence to customer processes.
- Financial awareness
- Good awareness of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance Procedures, Roads and Street Works Act 1991, Construction Design Management Regulations and Section 74 Regulations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to motivate others effectively
- Preferred home location is North East Area
- Results orientated
- Clean driving License
- Awareness of Customer Satisfaction for both internal and external sources.
- Accepts and stimulates change within working environment
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application – if you do not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.